Here’s some valuable information for High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) such as:
– Track Day Preparation
Here’s some tidbits on how to prepare for a Track Day Event.
If you want to really get serious about preparing your Corvette for a Track Day, then you should read this Corvette Forum Article: How to Build a Track Corvette on a Budget.
— Timing and Scoring Software
If you really want to get into making your Track Day experience more exciting, you should invest in timing and scoring software.
If you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPod or iPad), or Android device, several really good apps are available that provide for audio/video capture, data acquisition, and ODB capabilities.
- Harry’s Lap TImer – “Harry’s GPS Lap Timer” website. The app is available is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Track Addict Pro – “RaceRender LCC” website. The app is available is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Historic Rally Monitor – “ASE Rally Monitor” website. The app is available is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Traqmate GPS – Traqmate Data Acquisition website.
- APEX Pro – Digital Driving Coach and Data Acquisition website.
- Garmin Catalyst Driving Performance Optimizer website
– Motorsports Organizations
– Racing Venue’s
- Barber’s Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
- Roebling Road, Savanah GA – One Lap of the Track – Track Diagram
- Montgomery Motorsports Park, Montgomery AL
- Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega AL
- NOLA Motorsports Park, New Orleans, LA
READY TO UP YOUR RACING GAME?
SCCA Time Trials is the fastest growing class of racing and may be your ticket. Start exploring the possibilities here:
And don’t forget, Corvette’s race in other National Series as well: